Frequently asked questions
The specialists at Tolsma Tanks can answer almost any question about tank capacity, legal requirements, the resistance of steel tanks to certain corrosive oils or other liquids, and much more. You will find the most frequently asked questions and our answers below.
Is the tank sufficiently filled?
Yes Then the pump probably needs to be bled. Loosen the bleed valve on the filter housing or filter slightly, keep the fill nozzle open in the tank and run the pump until the product reaches the filter.
Is the pump running?
It may be that your filter is frozen. Change the filter the next time you switch from summer to winter diesel or vice versa.
There is an opening at the bottom of the fill nozzle spout. Blow it out with compressed air.
A steel tank must be checked for water and/or sludge every year. The tank must be inspected by a certified inspector every 15 years.
Petrol must be stored in an approved, underground tank.
Up to 330 litres of petrol may also be transported aboveground in a tank approved for this purpose. The standard tank does not meet this requirement.
You can, but keep in mind that this will reduce the flow rate. If you do, be sure to use a reel to ensure that the hose is not left lying on the ground.
There is no completely failsafe way to prevent fuel theft, but it can be made difficult. PIN code and key-based security are available. You can also use a registration system which allows you to keep track of how much each user has pumped.
That depends on the circumstances. Contact your tank supplier for more information.
If the indoor area is suitable for tank storage, that’s not a problem. Make sure the pipes are not too long, otherwise the flow rate will suffer.
The properties of AdBlue change at -8 °C. A heating system is the answer. AdBlue stored in a Tolsma EnergyTender with an integrated stainless-steel AdBlue tank is thermally insulated by the diesel fuel that is present. The special BlueTenders can be equipped with a heating blanket.
Tolsma Tanks supplies the Kiwa-certified EnergyTower for this purpose. These bulk tanks, with capacities of up to 3,000 litres, are available in a double-walled or single-walled version with a spill containment tray. Various pump sets are available for the EnergyTower.
The storage of waste oils falls under your duty of care. By storing it in a Kiwa-certified tank you demonstrate that your waste oil is stored appropriately. Tolsma Tanks builds various models with a tundish, with or without Kiwa certification – the choice is yours.
Tolsma EnergyTenders can be rented for several days, weeks or months. Ask your fuel supplier about the terms and conditions or request a quote from one of the large rental companies.
The advantages of the Tolsma EnergyTank:
- entirely produced in our own factory in the Netherlands;
- can therefore be fully adapted to the user’s requirements in terms of size, content, accessories, pump compartment, etc.;
- capacities from 800 to 50,000 litres;
- several connections mounted onto the manhole cover as standard;
- made of pickled plate, 3 and/or 5 mm thick – no oxide film in the fuel;
- fitted with a removable suction pipe;
- welded-on spill containment tray (less vulnerable and less susceptible to rust);
- lockable with padlock;
- welded leak detection reservoir with sight glass Robust!
- recesses in the base for easy installation of collision protection;
- collision protection or steps can be fitted at a later stage;
- corrosion protection in accordance with the C3/C4/C5 standard (standard RAL blue or green); other colours or protection techniques are also possible;
- can be placed anywhere, indoors or outdoors (additional requirements apply for indoor installation from 15,000 litres);
- short lines of communication, high delivery reliability – we make good on our promises;
- built in accordance with the latest/strictest European directives and Kiwa requirements.
Your IBC(s) must be inspected periodically in order to meet the requirements set out in VLG/ADR and PGS 30 (Kiwa). Read more under Inspections.
Please contact us or use the form below::